|Title:||Material Handling / Logistics Manager|
LG Chem Michigan Inc. (“LGCMI”) develops and manufactures large lithium ion polymer batteries for electric vehicle & energy storage applications. LGCMI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LG Chem, a S. Korean company that has global operations focused on petrochemical products, information/electronic materials, and advanced batteries. LG Chem is part of the LG Group. Come join the leader in advanced EV batteries! www.lgchem.com
Material Handling / Logistics Manager:
Responsible for leading the logistics and inventory efforts of the plant. Manages material flow and inventory with the goal of ensuring optimal flow of the material they need. Responsible for vendor management and overall materials availability within the plant site. Coordinates activities with various departments of LG Chem.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads improvement projects to achieve key plant objectives and to improve inventory availability and reduce inventory.
- Handles daily issues in support of production needs such as expediting material, setting priorities, and addressing issues.
- Manages all aspects of material flow; coordinates the activities of scheduling, order editing, and order processing.
- Manages staff in Receiving, Storeroom, and Shipping departments.
- Seeks to continuously improve vendor performance.
- Emphasizes and shows a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Analyzes information to identify issues or opportunities and develops plans to address these issues.
- Detects problems, finds the root cause and make corrections with components, products, processes and staff.
- Sets priorities for the team including a focus on reducing downtime, improving inventory accuracy, ensuring responsible replenishment of material and improvement in quality control while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complete management responsibilities including hiring, performance evaluation, and exercising corrective action as outlined in the company policies.
- Determine hiring needs to support current and future customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related program.
- 5+ years of material flow management, operations management or lean manufacturing experience in the automotive industry.
- Previous experience in a management capacity and with hazardous materials.
- Proven analytical ability to understand and solve technical issues in a team oriented environment.
- Predisposition and willingness to get involved directly on the production floor.
- Ability to manage multiple shifts, multiple site material handling operations.
- Ability to network within the organization to calibrate priorities and share resources.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.