LG Chem Michigan Inc. (LGCMI) manufactures large lithium-ion polymer batteries for electric vehicle (EV) and energy storage applications. LGCMI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LG Chem, Korea's largest diversified chemical company which operates four main business units: Basic Materials & Chemicals, Energy Solutions, IT & Electronic Materials and Life Sciences. LG Chem is one of the world's largest lithium-ion battery manufacturers with significant market share in consumer, automotive and stationary applications. LG Chem is part of the LG Group.
LG Chem Michigan Inc. is looking for a Journeyman level Electrician to engage in production equipment maintenance to ensure continuous production, including troubleshooting, regular preventive maintenance plan execution (TPM), and equipment modification. This position is focused on PLC controls-related work and will be involved with mechanical or electrical work as needed and as qualified.
- Understand the equipment programming and be able to troubleshoot, modify or write simple programming of Mitsubishi and Omron PLC
- Mechanical or electrical work as needed and as qualified, to troubleshoot, repair and modify equipment
- Check equipment regularly to ensure normal operating activity
- Coordinate with outside sources to schedule maintenance for more complex issues
- Ensure work is completed in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment
- Monitor data from measuring devices
- Requires work in clean room and climate-controlled environment
- Work may require: lifting, climbing ladders, assembling/disassembling large and small mechanical, hydraulic or electrical part assemblies and components
- Other tasks as assigned
- Required 5+ years related experience & Journeyman license
- High School diploma or GED required
- Some experience with Mitsubishi and/or Omron PLC is preferred; other types of PLC (like Allen Bradley) can be helpful
- Ability to work well with individuals and teams across the company to ensure the team meets or exceeds expectations
- Troubleshooting, active learning, problem solving and critical thinking skills