LG Chem Michigan Inc. (“LGCMI”) develops and manufactures large lithium ion polymer batteries for electric vehicle applications. LGCMI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LG Chem, a S. Korean company that has global operations focused on petrochemical products, information/electronic materials, and advanced batteries. LG Chem is part of the LG Group. Come join the leader in advanced EV batteries! www.lgchem.com
Manages purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies with the goal of ensuring high quality materials are available when needed at an optimal price. Responsible for leading the purchasing, inventory and order processing efforts of the plant. Managing all procurement responsibilities working with Engineers and other cross functional teams for overall cost reduction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategic Purchasing and Supply Chain Management activities.
- Must negotiate, report and purchase from U.S. and foreign vendors.
- Manages staff that are responsible for domestic and international Purchasing.
- Ensure documentation of optimized supply chain processes through workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Optimize shipping method for purchased materials using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route incoming materials.
- Update ERP system as necessary to reflect changes.
- Selection, assessment, and continuous development of new and existing suppliers.
- Verification of suppliers' compliance to Key Performance Indicators (i.e. Time of delivery, security of supplies, and quality).
- Optimize purchasing process and negotiation of contracts.
- Develop and monitor material cost forecasts.
- Manage internal supply chain optimization.
- Complete management responsibilities including hiring, development, performance evaluation, and exercising corrective action as outlined in the company policies.
- Determine hiring needs to support current and future customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Management, or related program
- 5+ years of relevant experience in complex, international & domestic purchasing
- Requires bilingual ability in Korean & English
- Previous experience in automotive industry is required
- Ability to drive structural change in the organization
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation